So you look like you are sixteen. People get amazed with how young they thought you were, when in fact, you are twenty seven, already. It is actually a good thing. People spend thousand and millions of money just to look young. You are one lucky child of God for not having the need to have collagen supplements a necessity. But here is the thing: you are a lawyer.
Here are some of the things you get for being such a fine young looking lawyer:
- Every time you enter the office building, security guards refuse to let you in without showing your ID. They often mistake you as a newly grad applicant.
- When you are all dressed for a hearing, the driver calls you “Ne.” “Ne, pakisarado ulit yung pinto.”
- Before entering municipal halls, guard asks you, “Ne, san ka? May kasama ka bang attorney?”
- During board meetings, board member asks you, “Ma’am, dadating ba si attorney?”
- Also during a board meeting, when you thought the board is still waiting for someone because the meeting is taking too long to start, the board asks everyone, “Don’t we have a legal counsel? Dadating ba?”
- When you hear the visitors of your neighbor’s chismisan, “Attorney ba talaga yon?”
- When you hear this ALL.THE.TIME., “Ang bata!”
- When you committed a mistake in your pleading, the partners say, “It’s okay, bata ka pa naman.”
- When you visit your lolo in the hospital, your lola introduced you to the nurse. The nurse says, “Ah, baka magtetake palang siya ng bar?”
- When you visit your tita (who is a nun) in the convent, and her co-nuns say, “Grabe, ang bata no?”
- You attend the mass and talk to the priest, who says, “Teka, ilan taon ka na ba? Ang bata mo pa ah!”
Well, those are the awkward moments I deal with everyday. But I am never complaining. A young fabulously looking lawyer, who is making these people think and look twice, I am actually loving it! ♥